Monday, March 3, 2014

Farewell to Nantou

Big news from Sister Fernley this week:





Dear Family,

I'm sorry, this week I don't have much time either. I only have about twenty more minutes of email time. I promise next week will be better!

Well another move call has come an gone and I have been called to leave Nantou! I am now serving in Gaoxiong in the city of Qishan with Sister Yeh. My new companion is Taiwanese and I don't think she can speak english...so I'm terrified, but am also excited to learn a lot. This will give my Chinese an opportunity to grow a lot! Qishan has a lot of the same feel as Nantou, it is actually a little more rural I think. We are right next to the mountains (just like Nantou, maybe a little closer) and it is beautiful here! Sister Yeh says they haven't had many investigators recently and the work here is really hard, but I can't wait to get to work and see miracles in Qishan!

Honestly I have no idea what happened in Nantou the past few days, since I emailed you on Thursday. I forgot my planner from last move call and without that I can't remember anything! 

We weren't ever able to get a hold of Jia Zhen (our baptismal date). So her baptism will have to be moved again because she hasn't done an interview yet. We have no idea what happened and are a little nervous. She didn't answer any of our calls, texts, and was sleeping when we stopped by her house. I'm sure she just got busy, but we are praying nothing happened to change her mind. 

That is something that happens a lot here, at least lately with all my investigators. They will be incredibly golden when we meet with them and then along the road someone will tell them to stop investigating the church and we will lose them. I continue to have hopes for them someday, maybe in the Spirit world.

Oh also....drum roll please.... the Hong family (my RCs) are going to have a baby!!! I don't know why they didn't tell me before, but we found out this week and I freaked out! Hong Jiemei has been really sick lately, but still has to work. Her husband has even been fasting for her (which makes me a really happy missionary). I'm so excited for them and it has been a privilege to know them! 

I also felt the love of the Nantou ward so much this weekend. I have always considered myself an easy person to miss and feel pretty unnoticeable, but after they announced I was leaving I had so many sisters come up to me and hug me. I had a few say they felt like I was their daughter and one sister even started crying! Yu Mei of course gave me a perfect sending off by calling me this morning at 6:30 saying I was forever Nantouren. She told me after my mission I need to bring my whole family (especially Jemma) to Nantou. I figured you wouldn't have a problem with that.

Well that's about all my time, but I loved your emails and it sounds like Spring is coming soon! It seems strange that I missed all of winter. Enjoy the snow, I never appreciated it until I didn't have it. Also tell Mandy she can't get married until I get home....it seems like as soon as I left everyone got engaged and married. I want to be there for at least one, haha. Anyway tell her I'm happy for her and that I love her! Well tell everyone!

I think of you often and love you more and more every day. Thank you for your prayers and your support. I couldn't do this without you.

As always, all my love,

Sister Fernley

ps. I don't know what's wrong with my new camera, but all the pictures I take with it don't show up on the computer, but the ones from my other camera will. I will try to figure it out, I have a lot of pictures :)

Give Jemma a giant hug for me and tell her I love her 80 80 80 90 80 90!

No comments:

Post a Comment