Monday, October 20, 2014

Miracles!

Sister Fernley wrote us a quick note this week--we're hoping it means we get another one tonight. Here's what she had to say:

Dear Family,

We only have an hour to email today, because we are going to the temple tomorrow! I think we should have some time tomorrow to finish emailing though, so what I don't get in today I will probably be able to get in tomorrow. We'll see.

Anyway, as my last letter might have implicated (I hope not too bad) we have had a couple of hard weeks the past couple of weeks. I don't know why, but I've just been feeling down and overwhelmed for no particular reason. This week, however; was a huge boost and I'm so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord. He is always looking out for us and knows when He should step in and lift us up. This week was one of those weeks. 

I used to always think that if I got sent to the city it would be a lot easier and you would have a lot more investigators, but moving here has proved me wrong. We are in the dead center of Taizhong, but almost everyone we contact doesn't live here. So it has proved a significant challenge to find people for ourselves to teach. This week we were blessed with five new investigators that actually live in our area. For the past couple of weeks Sister Murdock and I have been praying for new investigators. It took a couple of weeks, but our prayers were finally answered.

Two of the investigators are actually Judy's (one of the mom's we are teaching) two eight year old sons. She called us this week and asked us to come over to her house and share with her sons and their friends stories from the scriptures. It was really fun. It is so crazy to see children who don't even know who God is or what prayer is. If there is anywhere that needs the gospel or to know about God it's here. 

We also met with one of our english students named Rainie. From first glance I would have never expected her to be willing to hear our message. We still aren't completely sure where her desire is, but we have met with her or gone out to dinner with her three or four times this week. At first I thought she just wanted to hang out with us, but the past couple of times she has reminded us to pray and even mentioned that she talked to her boyfriend about baptism in passing. So we are going to keep meeting with her and see where that goes. I like her a lot. I hope she can feel the difference in our church.

We were also able to have interviews with President and Sister Blickenstaff this week. I always love interviews, but this time it was especially inspiring. I know that President Blickenstaff is called of God and that he has the keys to lead us in this mission. Sister Murdock and I were talking about how our interviews went after and both mentioned how he answered our questions and concerns before we even said anything to him. It truly is inspiring. I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to serve here where we get to develop a closer relationship with them and the office staff. They are all incredible examples.

Well I'm running out of time! Sorry, hopefully i will be able to write more tomorrow. But do you remember Alexis? I met her my first week in Taizhong and then we ended up having to refer her to some other sisters because she didn't live in our area. Well...she got baptized! We were able to go to her baptism with President and Sister Blickenstaff on Saturday. I knew from the first time I met her that she would get baptized. She is still such a strong example of faith. I know that she will continue to be a strong member and disciple in the church.

I love you all and loved your emails this week! I hope I get the chance to write more, but if not have a great week and always remember that our Heavenly Father is always looking out for us and will provide miracles when He knows we need them.

With all my love,

Sister Fernley

No comments:

Post a Comment