Friday, March 20, 2015

Just a quick message today...

Sister Fernley's message from Jan. 12, 2015:

Dear Family,

I'm going to apologize right now for the short email. We ended up not having as much time to email today because we did a ton for P-day! Sorry about that. I'll make up for it next week!

Dad mentioned that you didn't really feel as connected with this area as my others. Honestly that's because we don't really have many investigators right now, and the ones we have aren't really progressing. So...we've been spending a lot of time on the streets and actually we've been getting a lot of numbers. I finally feel like I can contact and that getting an "add" ( getting someone's number and setting up a time with them on the street) isn't that hard of a thing to do. I remember at my farewell that my Uncle Jim (on my mom's side) told me not to get comfortable. He said that once you get comfortable it's time to go home. I'm starting to feel that.

Anyway we had some crazy miracles on Sunday! We have an LA that I've been calling frequently who is 73, won't let us come to her house, and is pretty darn sassy! Here's how my one of my conversations went down with her:

me: how are you doing today?
her: not good, my hand is hurt and isn't doing very good today. 
me: oh no! Have you been praying?
her: no
me: well I know if you will pray you can see miracles and Heavenly Father can help your hand.
her: really
me: really. You can see miracles every day!
her: well i'm not seeing miracles
me: well you're not praying!
her: oh
me: yea, you can't see miracles if you don't go and act first 
her: oh I see. That's how it is.

Yea, pretty much that's how it goes almost every time I call her. BUT she has been praying and was pretty excited to tell me about it. So there's progress. I don't know why but i feel like I clicked with this woman. She is super sassy and really annoying, but i'm just sassy back and our conversations usually make me happy for the rest of the day. I feel like i've been sent here partly to help her. 

So anyway she came to the activity! She walked in and walked straight up to me pointed at me and said, "Fan jiemei!" with this big grin on her face. It was so cute! I was so happy to see her there!

We also had a Japanese member bring a friend to the activity. She isn't allowed to invite her to church because of a work policy ( they work together), but could invite her to the activity. We actually ended up sitting with her and got out a really simple lesson on prayer (she doesn't speak english and only knows a little bit of Chinese). We invited her friend to say the prayer in Japanese and by the end the investigator and two of our members were crying. I felt a little out of the loop! It was incredible though and you could really feel the spirit.

This week we also went on exchanges with the Qishan sisters! We took the bus down there. Usually I sleep, but I was too excited to sleep very long. I was coming back to Tainan with Sister Turner (she was Sister Murdock's MTC companion) so I didn't get to stay there. I was a little sad, but I was so happy to be back for a little bit. I also got to help them figure out where some of my former investigators live (like huang jiemei) so they can go back and find them again. I gave them as many referrals as I could. I hope some of them work out. Maybe they are ready for the gospel this time. 

Well I'm almost out of time. Sorry! I love you all so much! I loved reading your emails. The college thing is in my bag and will be sent out tonight (I have no way to scan anything very conveniently, but I can look around). I love you all! Have a great week and keep looking for the miracles!

With all my love,

Sister Fernley

No comments:

Post a Comment